Heya! Separate from my illustrations, I’m also the creator of “CONventional!“, a minicomic/webseries about proper convention behavior.
I’m fed up with people who don’t read the rules and guidelines for conventions, and then screw the whole convention for everyone. Aren’t you? Or perhaps you don’t KNOW all the rules? I don’t know.
You may have seen me give out free minicomics at every convention I pretty much go to now, and you might be wondering ‘hey, wouldn’t it be cool if ____ had it?’
WELL NOW YOU CAN.
The files here are HI RESOLUTION, and DOWNLOADABLE.
No seriously, if you have a convention or small event that needs some basic guidelines, or you want to spread the love, just download the comic, print it out, and hand them out as minicomics!
Of course, there are rules to this….
- download and print hundreds of copies for your convention
- enlarge or shrink images to whatever size you need (some people have made giant signs for people to read)
- reblog the images elsewhere (as long as credit to the facebook page is given)
- use for convention panels and lectures (as long as you credit the facebook page)
- use for non-convention related events, such as cosplay gatherings
- Change the color of the lineart/background, or color the whole thing in yourself, but please email me first.
You can NOT:
- credit yourself as the creator. I’m the creator, even if you printed out these comics.
- sell for profit or use to promote donations to your own cause. For example, handing out the fliers and then asking people to donate to support the cause.
- Aside from changing the color scheme, you cannot alter the images themselves. You can’t remove my name, or any credits that are already there. BUT if there’s a specific ‘character’ version you want made (like convention mascot), feel free to email me and I’ll do that for you. Many of these downloadable templates are coordinated to include a voice actor/actress that appeared at the convention. If your convention has a specific voice actor/actress you want to highlight, i’ll redraw those two specific panels free of charge, and send you the template
-after you use them, please post a photo, tag #CONventionalcomic on whatever social media you have, and email me! I’d love to see them!
Okay, out with the nitty gritty, so HOW MUCH DOES THIS COST???
If you’ve used the template and want to compensate, feel free to donate! The money I get here funds the printing costs, and travel/hotel to conventions to promote further. Conventions often never respond back to me (or their response time can be weeks or MONTHS), so the only method that has ever worked for me is to travel to a convention and talk to the directors and staff of other conventions directly. Any funding from this will give me an extra boost! Risograph printers break very quickly, and repair costs add up.
Anyhow, please click on the image for the appropriate minicomic. Some may come in various versions for your convenience. They are in black and white, to make printing much cheaper if you decide to do so. Depending on demand, I may have full color versions of the comic in the future.
Cosplay Etiquette features SugarPunch Design Works. Check out their work here!
CONventional: Arcade Edition: first edition (will be revised after some professional input by various convention staff)
CONventional: ATTENDEE ETIQUETTE: COMING SOON (currently under revision)
CONventional: Artist Alley Edition: Coming eventually….
CONventional: Parent’s Guide: Coming eventually…
CONventional: Photography Etiquette: Coming eventually…
More coming soon!